[CC3+] How to stop Campaign Cartographer from changing my active drawing sheet?

I'm working on a decently large map and to stay organized I have sheets for each section of the map. As an example, if I want to add some mountains to area X I have a sheet called "MOUNTAINS - X". But when I set that as my active sheet and then click a mountain object, it automatically switches my sheet to "SYMBOLS". I can manually change back after selecting the mountain asset, but if I want to use a few different ones I need to change the sheet back each time. It gets very tedious to constantly make sure I'm on the correct sheet after changing my active symbol. Is there a setting somewhere to disable this automatic sheet switching?

Thanks!
Robert Feyerharm

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For symbols, you can click the options button on top of the symbol catalog, and uncheck the option for 'symbols choose their own sheet'.

Generally, I do recommend you keep it enabled though. Most symbols are set to look for sheets starting with the word symbols, which means that if your active sheet is named SYMBOL MOUNTAINS - X, it will stay on that sheet instead of switching, while if you are on a sheet not starting with SYMBOLS, it will switch to the default SYMBOLS sheet. Using this when naming your sheet, you can control the auto-select feature better.
  • Thanks Monsen, I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate the advice!