Problem with trace function on political border

Hi everyone,
I try to finish my first map. Before I lable the map, I want to make the political borders. I watch the tutorial from Joe and try to do it on my own map.

My problem is, that after I made the first border and try to make the next country the trce function do not fit to the first border. There are parts where the trace function don`t "go" along the border, for example on a curve.

So I try it on a smaller part, just to look if it fit there and it works. Try it on the "bigger" country it dosn`t. So I draw the border new, but still the same effect. The trace function do not work on the hole border. No problems on the coastline, only at the border.

I have no idea what i make wrong. If anybody can help me that would be great.

THX!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure why this happens, but I've seen it from time to time when tracing smooth entities.

Try making the border entity straight first (right click Explode image) then trace it, and then turn it back into a smooth entity.

Also note that due to the way smooth lines works (Actual curve being determined by neighboring nodes), there will always be a gap that the point where the trace starts and ends.
  • I made the borders more fractial and it works better...

Perfect, thanks for the quick help!