CA21: Metric Battle Map

Currently I am trying to prepare a few battle maps for our game tomorrow. Problem is, we use metric instead of imperial units and I am having trouble setting the map correctly up. Following a tip Monsen gave a few weeks ago regarding the transformation of an imperial into a metric map I was able to come up with a map with the right dimensions and a 1m*1m grid. But the bitmap fill styles for floors and walls do not look right.

Any hints?

Kreuzzug - Battlemat 02

Comments

• You will have to change the scale of the fill styles you use.
    Click on the Fill Style Selector (upper right), select the style you want to edit. You will see a scale property somewhere at the bottom of the window. From the Help I got that those scales are in the drawing units.

Hope it helps.
  • It helps, thank you very much!

Is there an easy way to edit all fill styles at once or do I have to change them individually?

Just in case anyone wonders. Here is the advice from Monsen I was referring to:
    Posted By: MonsenIn most cases, I would recommend leaving the "Drawing Units" dialog alone. By default, it uses "numeric" as a display format, which is fine. You'll notice that if you create a new map as I described above, and then measure the length of the scale bar, you'll see that the length matches. All you have to do is to interpret this number as a distance in km. The number itself will be correct (as long as you don't touch the drawing units dialog).

If you really wish to set the drawing units, set the following values:
    Drawing Units: Meters
    Inches per unit: 39370.08 (If you are using map scale in km) or 39.37008 (If you are using map scale in meters)
    Rescale: Uncheck (Very important)
    Distance display format: meters
  • Posted By: GreeboIs there an easy way to edit all fill styles at once or do I have to change them individually?
    Not to my knowledge...
  • Ok, thanks again!

Then`ll have to do it the hard way. Wish there would be more support for the metric templates (especially for the annuals).
  • Mogul76Mogul76 Traveler
    edited May 2009
    I don't know what advice Monsen gave to you, Greebo.

My recommendation: Don't change the scale of all your fill styles, just set the grid spacing to 3.28083 ft. for 1 x 1 meter squares and use the regular i.e. anglo-saxon templates.
  • Thanks Mogul76, but I normally turn the square grid off while mapping and use the distance tool for measurements. Not having metric templates for battle maps is starting to annoy me. I´ll probably have to turn back to the DD3 metric template and set the sheets up myself.