maximize resources

What settings, (if any,) can I change to maximize the resources available for CC3+ ver 3.91, and where do I find these settings? I have a pretty bad habit of wanting to make maps that are larger than life, and though I'm certain the computer I'm using has the resources, the program tends to lag & freeze.

Thank you.

I

Comments

• First, I would install the latest update. Other than that, I'd be interested in any Tipps myself.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Its a better idea to make smaller scale maps of large areas, and larger scale maps of smaller areas.

Update, as Merion suggested.

CC3 is currently a 32-bit app, so computer power will only get you so far at the moment. You can alleviate some of the lag in a map that is unavoidably large and heavy on processing by placing collections of things on separate layers. That's layers, NOT sheets. For example, if you are making a city map you might have all your buildings on the same sheet, but different districts on different layers. That way you can hide all the districts you don't need to be able to see while you are working on a new one, and the performance will bounce back to normal because CC3 isn't having to constantly redraw all that other stuff.
  • I dealt with a large city by making a map of the districts by type, and then made smaller detailed maps.

Here is the city. P is poor, M is military, etc.
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Okay. I cheated... sorta.

I made an absolutely enormous jpg render of the background floor texture only. (there's no kill like overkill) and now I can just put that in as a background.

I
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    I'm trying to learn from the tutorials in CA108 deluxe Battle maps guide, but when I load the referenced CA108 River Gorge file, I get the image below. What would be the simplest way of putting this file where it's expecting the resources to be? Everything was loaded to the default directories.
  • Have you got the CSUAC and Dundjinni free resources loaded? If not, the instructions for this are in a Sticky at the top of the forum discussions.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2020
    It isn't this map that requires CSUAC and Co Quenten, that would be the Forest Path, forest camp and Razordedge gorge 2. Unfortunately, they use the old version of CSUAC which isn't available anymore.

This map requires DD3, SS1 and SS2 installed for it to work properly.
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    I have everything installed except annual #10, or anything released after that.

I
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2020
    Posted By: IthrilI have everything installed except annual #10, or anything released after that.
    Your toolbar from the screenshot says otherwise. I cannot check SS1/SS2 because they don't have toolbar buttons, but you don't have any of the other symbol sets (SS3/SS4/SS5). Maybe you only installed them under CC3 and not CC3+?
    (SS5 is newer than annual vol 10, but everything else is older.)
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    I'm sorry!
    They should have been. I must have been tired when I was installing this. It's very strange.

I installed them (again?) the keys self populated....
    At any rate, it is working now.

Thank you!