Help for a newbie with Cosmographer

I’m brand new to CC3+ and cosmographer. Picked both up to begin working on a new Sci-fi campaign and I’ve got a few questions. Following the guide for the stand galaxy map I’ve created a map 120 x96 parsecs wide is there a way to draw a grid 3x3 as a top layer on the map?

Also is there a way to flip the standard Traveller template on its side? As you might be able to guess I’m using a Traveller sector for my initial starter map but in a none Traveller campaign.

Also in CC2 there was a really useful feature that let you design heraldry using a shield and various icons. I can’t seem to find it in CC3 or CC3+ is it still there or was it removed for some reason.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2020
    Posted By: Orcboyphilis there a way to draw a grid 3x3 as a top layer on the map
    Use Draw --> Hex or square overlay. Select a good color for the grid first.
    Also is there a way to flip the standard Traveller template on its side?
    Thaw all layers, and show all layers and sheets, then use Rotate image. Rotate it with the origin (0,0) as the center of rotation.
    Also in CC2 there was a really useful feature that let you design heraldry using a shield and various icons. I can’t seem to find it in CC3 or CC3+ is it still there or was it removed for some reason.
    The old heraldry symbols are found in the symbol catalog @Symbols\Other\Charges.FSC.
    There is also an update to this in annual issue 15.
  • Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I’d forgotten just how intimidating CC was when you first open it.