Smart symbols and Doors

Hi!

Locked at home with wife and children, I miraculously found time to maps stuff for a StarWars campaign.

I'm playing arround with Cosmographer I just bought.

I made a sharship deck plan with no particular issue (but no grids and a lot of missing textures...) and I started a second starship.

There I have an issue: doors do no more follows walls (bulkheads) nor "cut" then to stand in a doorway.

The first time, no problem with that and I was a very happy mapper (but the bulkhead to be #240 while door symbol being full black (I ended up by modifying the symbol itself).

Some one can tell me how to reactivate the automatic wall tracking and cutting?

(door symbol is the very simple vector Travellers one, with no personal changes, and bulkhead walls are made with the dedicated tool)
(also smart tracking is activated in the Symbal Parameters as well as "disable smart symbols" is left unchecked)

Please help! You are my only hope!

Paul

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you start a new drawing in the Traveller style?

Looking at the template, I see there is a flawed version of the symbol without control points already defined in the drawing. When a symbol is already defined in the drawing, it will pull it from there instead of from the symbol catalog.

Make sure you haven't actually placed any of these symbols in the drawing, then go to Symbols -> Symbol manager, and click Purge. This will remove all symbol definitions from the drawing that aren't actually in use. Now, the symbol from the symbol catalog ashoulf work properly.
  • Hi Monsen!

Thanks for the tips! But it does not seem to work: I removed all doors then purged my drawing. drawing catalog is now empty. I opened Cos/Doors catalog and take the door from there.
    No tracking nor cuting.

If I edit the symbol, I can see the red line and red Xs from the smart stuff...

:/
    Can you post your .fcw file so I can look at it?
  • Hop!

I contains some doors I tried to place. Feel free to remove them.

(note I'm in metric units. But tools stay in inches...)

Regards,
    The walls in your drawing are on the wrong layer. They're on the DECK layer instead of the BULKHEAD layer. The door tools only operate on entities on the correct layer, because otherwise they would very easily end up cutting the floor behind the wall instead of the wall.

What tool are you using to draw them? When I use the standard bulkhead tools, my walls do go the to right layer automatically.
  • Oooooookay.

My bad (as usual ;) )

I was using the Bulkheads tool but in "Cosmographer Deckplans" style... Not "Cosmographer Deckplans Travellers"...
    One day, I'll take time to read aaaaaaall the docs about CC to know everything, like you! <3

Many-many thanks for the help!

Do I remove the thread or I leave it live its life for others? :)

Best regards,

Paul
    Leave it. Others may come looking for the same information.

Have fun mapping. Star Wars is a fun setting playing in.