Black border, white fill?

Is there a way to create a land mass with a black border, but filled in solid white? I'm creating a black and white map with one land mass which overlaps another. However, I can only make a white land mass with no border (which is invisible on the white background) or a black line and hollow fill, which doesn't cover things beneath it.

The line and fill settings only affect the line, but changing the fill setting to solid makes the land mass the same color as the line (black).

What I want is a solid white land mass with a black border overlapping another solid white land mass with a black border. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Draw the landmass as a white solid polygon, then use Outline in Black image on it.

Or make a drawing tool that draws a white landmass with a black outline.
  • Wow. This was rather difficult, even after your explanation.

It seems that not only do you have to create a white land mass, Outline it in Black, but to add anything under it, it has to be a polygon, not a land mass. Any land mass I make, no matter which Layer or Sheet I place it on, intersects with the land masses, making it appear hollow.

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but I finally got the effect I was looking for. Thanks!
    Land masses usually consist of a main entity, and an outline, which are placed on different sheets. Watch out for this when you are trying to place entities above/below it.

Also remember that drawing tools choose their own sheet, so even if you set the sheet/layer before using the landmass tool, it will still choose it's own sheet, so it might not go where you thought it would.
  • @ Monsen - well that explains my issue (i.e. "drawing tools choose their....). I imported an image from FT and have been trying to trace multiple elevation levels using different layered sheets but they never seem to order in the same way I have them in the Sheets window. I'm betting it has something to do with the choosing their own sheets. I've even tried changing the properties. "List" shows them on the edited sheet but they don't seem to function as if on that sheet.

CG
    The list command is accurate. If it says it is on that sheet, it is. The tools choosing their own sheet is only a concern when you draw something, not for later manipulation of those entities.