Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthordaperdepa
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Hi, everyone.

As part of my campaign in the works, I've made this city map, using the Cities of Schley add-on and a lot of Photoshop edition for the frame. The map shows the Ergothian village of Reveler's Way, in the Dragonlance D&D setting, with the majestic Crimson Castle at its heart. The map is built upon the original drawing of Castle Crimson, included in the Age of Mortals Dragonlance Setting Companion for D&D 3/3.5 edition, one of my favorites, and it is supposed to be the second of a series for my campaign, after that isometric dungeon I created a couple of months ago. Enjoy!
      Castle Crimson.jpg
    • CommentAuthorMerion
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Nice work! I'm always impressed by the fancy map borders and legends some people create.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Looking great. I really like how you've done the village layout.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Lovely map :)

You can see the details better here than on the FB page.

The fields between H and D have no edge fade on them, but I think that actually enhances the map as a whole - a bit of contrast against all those around with faded edges. It must be one of those very immaculate farms!
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime6 days ago

What a lovely map! Really like the southern cliffs around the castle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Just grand. Very inspiring Love the cliffs and the whole layout.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTime6 days ago edited

Oh my!! Reveler's Way!! Dragonlance. One of my most favored fantasy settings. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job on this! Really well done. The cliffs really are fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorthehawk
    • CommentTime6 days ago edited

Posted By: Loopysue
    The fields between H and D have no edge fade on them, but I think that actually enhances the map as a whole - a bit of contrast against all those around with faded edges. It must be one of those very immaculate farms!

Speaking as a farmer and not a map-maker, those edge fades are darned difficult to pull off without taking the fence out with the rototiller.
    Impressive!
    • CommentAuthordaperdepa
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Thanks for the good feedback. This is the first map I created using just the tools in CC3+/CD3+ (the frame was Photoshop, but the rest is CC3+), I dared myself to do it and explore the full capabilities of the "Layer" system and I'm quite happy with the result, particularly the cliffs (Texture Overblend was a great discovery!) and the fields, using the Terrain, Fields and Background layers to give the cultivated areas the diversity I'd like to see in maps.