Looking for a clean and simple style for tactical maps

Hi all,

I realized that I've been getting hung up on making my tactical maps "pretty," and I really need to find a style that will keep me from getting too hung up on that. Ideally, I'd like to find a style that is along the line of what maps in WotC's Eberron: Rising from the Last War. In case you're not familiar, the maps in that book tend to be white floors with a grid that is more a series of lines to indicate the vertices instead of full squares, and with walls that are done with a sort of bold cross-hatch. I'd post an example, but I don't want to infringe any copyrights.

I did find a page (https://roguewatson.com/2019/11/20/roll20-review-eberron-rising-from-the-last-war/) that shows an edge of a map. Scroll down to where there is a map labeled "Skycoach Dock" which gives a little bit of an idea of what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm looking for a nice, clean, black and white style that I can use to practice and iterate without getting too caught up in adding a lot of sheets or effects. I've got access to a lot of the Annuals, so if there is something in one of those that would work, I should be able to use that.

Thanks for the help!

Comments