Fractal Terrains: North Pole Position Function

Hi everyone,

Still trying to create a tidally-locked world, here! I'm now trying to play with the North Pole Position function on the Secondary Tab of the World Settings Dialogue, but I can't for the life of me fathom out what it's doing.

It looks straightforward enough: type in a Lat and a Long, and that coordinate becomes the north pole. However, when the map draws that's not happened at all - in fact, I can't work out at all what's happened! lol

Can anyone give me any pointers? What am I supposed to type in to get a point of 0,0 Long/Lat to shift to the north pole? Is that indeed what the function does?

Cheers,

Sarah

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    What it seems to be doing is that latitude is rotating the world around 0,0 and longitude is then rotating that result around the N/S axis. Not what you'd hope for and not quite what I remember it doing way back when. There does not appear to be a way to get an arbitrary point to the north pole. If the rotations were done in the opposite order (longitude then latitude) it would work, but it certainly appears to be less than helpful in its current incarnation.