Cliff Faces on a Dungeon/Battlemap

Hello. I'm new to CC3/DD3. I created a map in Dungeon Painter Studio and was able to place cliff pieces to create this. These are assets made by others. Is it possible to create something like this in DD3?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

-Tim

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello :)

Before you do anything it is best to check that you have the permission of the copyright holder to use these graphics in another app. I assume they belong to Dungeon Painter Studio, or a contributing artist?

If there's no problem with permissions (ie your Dungeon Painter licence allows you to use the graphics like this), and if those are transparent png images that you can access (ie they aren't an inextricable part of Dungeon Painter Studio itself), then you could save a copy of the pngs in a new "User" folder inside PF's Symbols folder and import them as symbols to paste into your CC3 maps. You would do that using the Symbol Manager.
  • actually, Tim, there is a similar tutorial on how to make something like that in cc3+. This is the thread you need to go to. It has the cliff tutorial, as well as shading and streams too! I can't tell you how many times I've used this technique in my own maps... well, actually, if you look at my maps, you will see for yourself!

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5869&page=1#Item_0

hope this helps you!
  • LadieStorm,

Those tutorials look to be precisely what I need. Thank you very, very much.
  • you are most welcome. I can't tell you how many times I've used that very tutorial... modified it for my own needs, what ever... The cliffs and streams tutorials I've used a LOT!