Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi,

Here is a japanese castle I copied/modified in CC3 (original is the Inuyma-jô)

(Japanese "lettering" is fancy...)

Thanks for looking or commenting.
    • CommentAuthorGandwarf
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009

Looking very cool. I especially like the parchment look and the different "slices" of the castle.
    Not to sure about the text in the lower right corner. It's crammed together and a bit hard to read. Maybe decrease the size a bit or don't make it bold.
    • CommentAuthorBidmaron

Coming along great. Perhaps some embellishments around the text (and not making it so cramped). It definitely has an oriental flavor and the architecture looks genuine.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph

That is a very nice map. :)
    • CommentAuthorpvernon

Where did you find your sorce map?
    Yes, I agree about the text. Will have to change that.
    Thanks for all the comments.

Posted By: pvernonWhere did you find your sorce map?

JapanSite
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009

Beautiful! If you're looking for an alternative font, there are some nice faux-Asian ones around.. for example Chow Fun.
    Great link, Ralph!

Here is another version:

Corrected an error on the east elevation too...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009

Absolutely beautiful. Really gives the oriental feeling. I love the side views as well, makes you really understand how the building looks.
    • CommentAuthorGreebo
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009

Wow. That's really great.
    Glad you like it... Took me many hours...

By the way, the roofs, timber and bricks were done with macros... And a lot of trimming...

Thanks!
    Really nice. I love seeing new ways to use CC3
    • CommentAuthorprobstette
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009

I think that's fab, but I have one comment. The numbers in circles don't match the numbers in the legend in style. I know you want to have them stand out, but maybe you could fake up a numerical method made up of lines and dashes that looks oriental but is possible to read without having to parse Japanese. Something like a gate tally.

That would avoid having little European numbers all over the castle, but people would still be able to tell what they were. Possibly kanji in a contrasting colour would work.
    Thanks a lot.

Posted By: Highland_PiperI love seeing new ways to use CC3

I don't know if it's really a new way. Fast Cad was originally designed for such work I think...

Posted By: probstetteThat would avoid having little European numbers all over the castle

Even if using the line style was fun, I intend to use this map in play and only give an oriental feel. I thus don't want to guess through odd symbols. I agree that I should edit the numbers to use the other font though...