Font Selection Problem

I have another strange problem, this time with selecting fonts.

On the font selection screen in CC3+ all of the Windows 10 fonts show up multiple times but the fonts that have been installed by CC3+ seem to only show up once. (see image) Some of the fonts show up seven to nine times, making the font list extremely long and unwieldy to look through. I'm not really sure at what point this started but it's been this way for a while.

This does not happen with any other software on my system.

My typical questions: Is it just me? How do I fix this if it is just me? Any and all help welcomed.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I noticed this too, but I just generally ignore it and pick the first one in the list of the font I want.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    It's a known bug that doesn't affect operations, just the user experience for new fonts. Some fonts install multiple variants and each of those variants shows up as its own entry on the list. While the font name isn't unique in the dialog, it ends up being unique when used due to how the Windows font picker works internally.

This problem is on the list of things to get fixed, but hasn't bubbled its way to the top of the list just yet.
  • Thanks Sue for confirming it not just me.

Joe, I fully understand the need for a priority list for fixes. You're correct that this is not program breaking so I can see where it's low on the list. Thanks for all that you do to keep us running. :)

Since windows10 come with about 180 fonts and each has an average of 7 copies in the list, that is over 1200 fonts to scroll through with just the windows fonts. I have a lot of additional fonts so I scroll and scroll to find a font that I like. As a workaround I've just started looking at fonts in my word processor to decide what I want then just finding it in the CC3+ list. Saves a lot of scrolling through repeat fonts.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I do that with Word too. Then its just a case of zooming down the list in CC3 as fast as the mouse will go till you get to the right letter of the alphabet, then a little slower till you get to the first one in the list of the one you want.
  • I tend to use Win Character Map to locate whatever font I need for all applications, but that's mostly because I'm often looking for a font that definitely has one or more specific characters in it (such as those with various diacritics added).
  • I see this too. And I, too, follow Shessar's work around ;)