Symbols Along Problem

I did a symbols along with these settings and instead of following the line they show just below it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Where's the origin on those symbols? CC3+ uses the origin to determine where to place them, problems such as that is most likely that the origin is not at the center of the symbol.
  • When I made the symbol, I used the circle tool and had the center at 0,0 and the second numbers as 2,2. I then scaled it so it was the right scale for the item. Wouldn't the origin be the center where I started it? Or am I missing something here? I am learning something new every day from you all.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Depends on how you did things.

But if you drew the circle in the main drawing window and then defined a symbol from it, the origin is determined by your choice in the define symbol dialog. Additionally, scaling things can change this up, as you pick a scale origin for the scaling operation, and if this is not the actual origin, the symbol will move away from the origin.

Easiest way to check is to just edit the symbol from the symbol manager, and check the coordinates for the center of the symbol (make sure to put the coordinate display to show absolute coordinates, and not relative ones). If it is a origin problem, you can then move it with View -> Move Origin.
  • It took some reading of the Tome and fiddling around but I have a good handle on how to fix the issue from here out.
  • roy.dentonroy.denton Traveler
    edited February 2020
    My last issue is when I do symbols along on a smooth polygon there is a gap between the start and end points. This appears to be where the starting node is placed and the last node. Any ideas for this. If I use a smooth line and join the ends to make an oval, there is no issue.