Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I have gotten comfortable making basic bitmap fill drawing tools, for the most part. However, I have a drawing tool that places a tiled bitmap that has a transparent background so you can see the underlying color. What I would like it to do is apply a specific color into the shape that is being drawn, or clicked on using the draw like function, and apply the bitmap fill over that. I think I have to have a macro attached to the drawing tool in order to place the color. If so, what would that look like? I am just starting to work with CC3 macros and a total novice with them.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2020

I'm no expert but from your description I think you might be able to do this without a macro.

Next to the 'Properties' button in the 'Custom Drawing Tools' dialog, there is another button called 'Outline'. If you click this button you can choose an 'Extra entity'. This extra entity can be anything you like. Just click the properties button and set the coloured background polygon on a sheet below the one the pattern is being drawn on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2020 edited

Sounds like you just need a drawing tool with two entities. You can do this without a macro, just specify that the outline should be an extra entity, then you can set the full set of properties for the outline. Note that if both entities go on the same sheet, the outline will be on top, so you need to make the main entity the solid color, and the outline using the transparent bitmap fill.

Edit: Seems like Sue beat me to it :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2020

Well, I got it the wrong way around, Remy, so its just as well that you came along :)
    Thank you both, I’ll try that this evening.
    • CommentAuthorroy.denton
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2020

Well that worked. Even so, where can one find a comprehensive list of cc3 macro commands?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

At the risk of being ninjad by Remy...

There is one here: C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Documentation\Tome\Commands.xlsx

But that is only if you have the Tome of Ultimate Mapping.

Maybe Remy knows how to get it without having the Tome?

I checked it. I am trying to redo a script done for Mappa Harnica. One of the entries I can’t find is issmooth, used to check is a polygon is smooth. Is there a macro command that does this?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That spreadsheet contains commands of all types - only some of which can be used in drawing tools. These are marked in one of the columns as being available or not.

The person who would know for sure about one particular command is Remy Monsen, who seems to have an encyclopaedia in his head about all things macro.

That's a compliment by the way! I wish I could remember it all. Maybe I might not have such a hard time writing them myself. I think all the macros I've ever used were given to me by Remy!

It would be great if there was a comprehensive reference other than Remy for those of us who are macro challenged but wanting to make a go of it anyway.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That's what the spreadsheet is for, but I don't know if it contains the entire library of available commands.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2020

The spreadsheet is a complete reference, it contains every command, with the exception of a few incomplete in-development commands and some truly useless ones.

ISSMOOTH is part of the Mappa Harnica toolkit, and is not a standard CC3+ command. You'll find these documented in the appendix of the Mappa Harnica user guide

Thank you

The more I dig into Mappa Harnica the more it seems to be script heavy, supposedly because macros in CC2 Pro made it to slow. As I get deeper into making this more CC3+ compatible, the more I don’t see a need for scripts or macros.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2020 edited

CC3+ has evolved somewhat since those days - as I gather from looking at older threads.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

There are bid changes between CC2 and CC3+. And I enjoy those changes.