Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2020 edited

Here is a map, taken from Watabou mansions.
    https://watabou.itch.io/procgen-mansion

I used both the 3D (Italian style) saved as a PNG; and plan version saved as SVG, then converted into DXF and imported into CC3+. All five floors are imported as one file.
    It took me 25 minutes, which for a first time go is pretty good.
      Watabou mansion.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2020

That's very dreamy, Quenten :)

Somehow the mix between modern image and old floor plan seems to work quite nicely. Maybe its the colours of the image - the way they are relatively pastel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The name is an amalgam of two names - a TV star, and a mapping genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Hmm, can't figure out who the TV star is. Then again, I don't really care much about their names, so I rarely remember any anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Watch Burden of Truth
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I can't, I don't have access to TV in any form, neither linear nor streamed, except what is free on the internet. Found the name on the cast list on IMDB, but I've never heard of her (not that I was very surprised by that)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I'm the same. TV sucks up so much of your life, and its barely more than an advertising medium these days. Much more fun to spend the same time creating things :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Oh, did you draw the floors in CC3+ ? Or is there a setting to export them from watabou ?
    • CommentAuthordagorhir

Here's a hint, the TV star is a Canadian actress. She was also in Smallville.

;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2020 edited

You export the map as a SVG, convert it to DXF and import it into CC3+, just like for the Watabou cities. All floors come in the same download. No drawing by me was done in the example given, though I did reorder the floors, as they all come in a line under each other. But very easy to move. I also changed the properties of parts of the import to a WALLS sheet (surprisingly used for the walls), and Symbols sheet (counter-intuitively used for all the symbols - windows, stairs, doors etc). Not much more to it really. And then saved an image of the 3D render by using the incredibly complex right click to get up a secret menu which included "Save Image"

All this work would not be possible without the overheard conversations at Mar-et-Lago from an orange haired hero telling all his guests the state secrets of how to do this immensely intricate operation, codenamed OPERATION MANSION.

The bottom line - it is amazingly easy, just adapting the technique given in the marvellous Watabou City issue by Ralf.

BTW, I just can't seem to help my Aussie dry 'sarcasm'. Sorry everyone, I will NEVER do this again, till tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Dagohir, you got it right
    • CommentAuthorJimP

When I right click and save image, its blank. Thats on the watabou site.

I'll export to svg and go from there.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2020 edited

Kristen Laura Kreuk is the star. The hard one is the mapping genius. I know I overthought this guess. Since Tran is not in the name of the star I did some investigation and discovered a cartographer that came from Transylvania. His name was Johannes Honter. He lived from 1498 to 1549. He was known for his cosmography work and was also an author. I'm probably way off though. LOL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2020

Christina Trani, aka Lorelei. But great delving, kevbeck
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2020

Way to abstracted for me to get it! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2020 edited

Lorelei was the easy part. Knowing Quenten's love for mixing in names, I noticed her influence on the name before I even read Quenten's first comment about the name.

The mansion generator looks cool, but it is a bit too fond of large overhangs, and it often comes up with rather weird connections. Very few look like a "normal" mansion, i.e. something someone would actually build.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2020

What unimaginative architecture you have in Norway. We see many such monstrosities in Australia - also great for fantasy megalomaniacs. The Drumpf mansion.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Gawwwww......Q, you flatter me. I don't have any kids, so at least I'll live on in Quenten's maps!! Love it, thanks Q
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Not flattery, a tribute and genuine admiration
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2020 edited

Here is an update. I have converted the picture to a vector drawing, so it can go into the Atlas - don't know where yet.
      Kristen Traneuks Villa.PNG
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2020

This is really great Quenten. The cool things you do are always so inspiring. I truly enjoy and appreciate your maps. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2020 edited

An update. Using Character Artist, and Tokens Treasury frame, in addition to better symbols for windows and doors, and some furniture
      Kristen Traneuks Villa2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2020 edited

I am doing a bit on several maps each day.
    Here is the third floor and 3D picture complete. All vector except the trees and clouds from Alyssa Faden Style.
    Now I have the roofs and stairs to my liking, I will be able to do the rest fairly quickly.
    I would appreciate critical comments and suggestions, and bask in any compliments :D
      Kristen Traneuks Villa floor 3.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2020

Wow! that must have taken you ages to sort out all the rooms. Nicely done, Quenten :)

I just have one little nitpick. The roof ridges seem to extend a tiny bit too far in places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I meant to do that deliberately, but now I look at the 3D and the overall effect, I think you are right... again! LOL
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

I mean, i like this project in particular :) Seriously, though, this is amazing work you are putting into these. Really great use of this generator!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks. I will be putting this in your city, BTW (which I am working on at present, trying to get the cliffs right)
    I like this a lot! Keep us updated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2020

An Update - nearly finished. Does anything need changing at this change.
      Kristen Traneuks Villa.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2020 edited

Kristen Traneuk's Villa is complete. I need to finish the city of Archesyne (which now is my priority project) to fit it into the Atlas
      Kristen Traneuks Villa2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2020

This is fantastic!!!!