DD3: Drawing Tools - Why do have a much better selection when I use a template vs. custom map

I'm a noobie, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm creating a DD3 floorplan. When I select a 200'X160' template, I have this extensive list of drawing tools. When I use the "Floor, default" one, the stones are sharp and well defined. I'm not a big fan of the brown dirt background, so I tried to create a custom map using the "solid" background (I wish there was just a white background, but I digress).

The list of drawing tools is a small fraction of what was available on the template and even though they each have a different name, most look the same (tan with sharp edges). I tried to recreate the "Floor, default" tool, but the stone pattern is blurry.

Is there a way to get the drawing tools from the template to be available when creating the custom map?

FYI, the style is Dungeon DD3 Color for both maps.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

sewa-rat (said with a Brooklyn accent)

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Two possibilities here

i) create your custom map, click one the Tools icon (hammer and pen?), click advanced, select the style you want in the upper left scrolling.

ii) create a template map, unfreeze background layer if necessary, edit the background fill style and/or color.
    Posted By: sewa-ratI wish there was just a white background, but I digress
    At the last step of custom you can edit the fill style of background. Choose solid, color white and here you are.

If you want to make a regular usage of such a map, you can save it as a template of your own (save as, template, to be placed in the relevant template folder).
  • Excellent ideas. Thank you Joachim de Ravenbel. May you live to be 1000.