Fractal Poly Close

I am trying to create a fractal poly and have it filled with a style. If I select poly or smooth poly and use the right click button I can close the polygon (and it fills it). When I try that with Fractal Poly it just ends the drawing of the polygon, does not connect it (and doesn't fill it). What is the proper method to close a Fractal Polygon so it will be filled?

Comments

• Usually fractals polies should close but I have the same problem here. I believe there's an option somewhere to able/disable that but can't find it now.

You can however use a drawing tool with fractal poly and adapt it to your need (ie change sheet, layer, color...)
  • Actually I am trying to draw an irregular wall (think caves). Maybe there is a better way. Can you be more specific on how to?

Thanks!
  • I guess I should have tried the Cave Tool. I just used that to make my walls. Now my problem is CC3 closes when I try to print. Guess I should reboot. ;-)
  • edited May 2009
    Use the fractal path tool (just left to fractal poly), drawing on and stopping near first point (do not cross, stop at a small distance) and then use the closepath (right click Explode, Path to Poly. Explode is the dynamite button.)
    Check also the fractal depth (normaly a button showing a straight line and a fractal sort of parallel). I got something satisfying with 5 but depending on the scale you may want to change it.

Now if you want to draw a wall inside the map border (ie a box outside border an a fractal poly inside border, you must select both entities and use Mulipoly (just under fractal poly, looks like a blue sea with an island).

On the other hand, you can create a dark filled box and use a white fractal poly inside and over the box. I believe it's the usual way. The background and the inside cave are on different sheets so you can use sheet effects on the inside without affecting the map border.

Hope it helps.
  • edited May 2009
    This is a known bug. See this thread, Ralf offers a workaround:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=516