Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2020

I had to do a lot of updating to this map because I had originally used many 3rd party symbols in it. I think I found everything and updated them to current standards.
      Malva.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2020 edited

Perfect :)

It just needs one more thing.

FLIPSHADING ?

The shadows are on the opposite side to the highlit parts of the roof at the moment.

Actually, you have a mix of the two - half are right, half are opposite, so maybe save a duplicate version, flip the shading in one, then use the other as a source to copy and paste all those which were the right way around to start with.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Oh! Good catch Sue.Thank you!!!!

It is obvious that this map was made before the shading bug was fixed and all of the buildings that I just replaced are correct. Fixing this now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Fixed. I hope. Thanks again Sue. :)
      Malva2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Even better :D

Great work, Shessar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio

Awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Where in the Atlas is Malva. Great map. We seem to have all gone a little city mad.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2020

I make dungeons. I can make a dungeon city, if I need to join the crowd.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2020 edited

Well I haven't made a city for a very long time (well, not for a few months now anyway)! So we can have our own little crowd of 2, Jim - the Not the City Map crowd. Sound good to you?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2020 edited

Well, i've only made one city (quite a few villages, though) and it wasn't even fully mine (ahem, Sue ;) ). So, i'm certainly in the Not the City Map crowd :)

Oh, and thanks Shessar! Another map i'll snatch up!
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Well, these are just old maps from a retired world that I'm updating and adding to the atlas. Most of them are really pretty old. I am in a creative dry spell right now myself, so updating old maps is about the limits of my current mental state.

@Quenten - Malva is at the north east most point in the southern scar map.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Jim, a dungeon city sounds tremendous - perhaps a level of the massive dungeon we all competed in in Alarius. I am sure we are all just waiting to give you unsolicited and conflicting advice. :D

And the Not the City Map crowd had better get working - what about a Watabou Annual map tweaked to make it unique. I am working on a Mediterranean style, and a Gothic style. the Watabou annual takes so much of the work of designing a city away.

Alternatively, could you do buildings or even districts of the cities done. I will really want a multi-level map of the Cathedra in the Torstan Holy Head district that will soon be in the Atlas. Volunteers will be vetted for enthusiasm. Don't rush me. ;)

And there are so many villages and towns to do, or refurbish your old maps. I have 2, but they will need a bit of work - they were well and truly done before I had the benefit from all the help this forum gives.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2020

Sounds great Quenten! I hope I've inspired everyone to look through their old maps to see what they can put into the atlas. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Now in the atlas. Thanks for contributing.

Malva
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Oh, well, it will have to wait.

But for a dungeon city... I would prefer an isometric one. I could combine all 3 of the annuals that have iso symbols.

A dungeon city part, a grave part, etc. with walls around the city of the living to keep out the undead in the grave part.

No idea when I'll get to it, nor when I'll have time. I tend to give myself more to do than I have time to do it.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you, Shessar! :)