More Questions - River Pixel Problems.

Hey, again! Thank you guys SOOOOOO much for your answers and suggestions. I have a new question/problem, but you can feel free to tell me to shut up at any time. ;)

I have a rather large dungeon map that I'm working on, and I'm really happy with it so far, but I'm a long way from being done. My current map is here.(It's kinda big!)

So, my issue:

You can see that the river is a beautiful deep blue... yeah, it's not supposed to be. When I have CC3 open, it looks really great. But when I zoom in, it goes blue. It isn't until this morning when I exported a copy of the full map that I realized it also turns blue whenever I change the format to a .jpg. My guess is that between the size of the map and the sheets I was using, I either have too many pixels or not enough pixels in that river that is causing it not to come out, but any advice on precisely what the problem is would be great. Thanks!

Also, I have a secondary question. Is there a way to export a portion of your map, like if you want to print out a specific zoomed in part of it? I've just been using my good ol' paint shop pro, but wondered if there was an easier way, because if I want a nice crisp zoomed in part of my map, I have to export a HUGE zoomed in map, which tends to make my computer unhappy with me.

Comments

• Is the water turning blue while using sheet effects ? Have a look at those effects on the sheet your water is. There might be a blue glow too wide or something like that.

The export command (or save as) has a partial export built in : save as rectangular bmp or jpeg. You will have to click on the lower left and upper right (or reverse) to define the export.

When I use that, I generally draw a precise rectangle around the area to export so I can select the points with the EndPoint (F5) modifier. Just hit F5 key and select a side of the rectangle near the corner.
  • Posted By: Joachim de RavenbelIs the water turning blue while using sheet effects ? Have a look at those effects on the sheet your water is. There might be a blue glow too wide or something like that.
    Thanks, Joachim!

I figured it had something to do with the sheet effects (which are turned on). I'm at work, though, and don't remember what the specifics of the river sheet effects were. I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can tweak it in the right direction.
    Posted By: Joachim de RavenbelThe export command (or save as) has a partial export built in : save as rectangular bmp or jpeg. You will have to click on the lower left and upper right (or reverse) to define the export.

When I use that, I generally draw a precise rectangle around the area to export so I can select the points with the EndPoint (F5) modifier. Just hit F5 key and select a side of the rectangle near the corner.
    Thank you! You are awesome! :-D