Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2020

Monsen, I'm sorry for not reserving this one but it fit the atlas with nothing but a name change. I found it on one of my old hard drives (I'm finally getting to the task of transferring old files and wiping drives).

This is on the Alarius: Dream Lake regional map - Village of Lathaias. I have no details of what buildings are what but thought I'd include it anyway.
      Lathaias.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Nothing wrong with that map. I think it would look Great in the Atlas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

What a generous idea, sharing your old maps to the Atlas. We will soon challenge the old FRIA collection
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Great map, Shessar :)

Quenten - FRIA?
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2020 edited

FRIA = Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas. This was a ProFantasy and TSR (AD&D Forgotten Realms) collaborative.

Quenten, I don't want to use maps that are current but I can't think of a better use for the old ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I gathered that from your initial statement - but is very generous, regardless.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thanks Shessar :)

I have a really hard time with acronyms - made worse by the fact that they are upper case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

YATOO
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2020

Another nice map, and don't worry about the lack of building names, the main idea behind the atlas is to provide the maps anyway. While an overland map without some place names would be weird, a city map is much more specific to the campaigns current needs anyway.

Repurposing old maps for the atlas is a great way to add to the atlas without too much work, and also to give those old maps a new life.

As for the FRIA, that's 855 maps. We're approaching 400 maps, so we are still a little shy of halfway there. But that's not bad after just 3 years based on voluntary contributions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2020

And yet another nice map for the atlas. Up to 389 maps now.

Lathaias