Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorroy.denton
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2020

I am wanting a tool that can draw an orchard with the trees in a line. I made a bitmap with the trees in a line but it just doesn’t come out looking right. I will post some pictures once I get back to my computer. I was wondering if there is an existing tool for an orchard.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

This may be helpful - Remy's Command of the Week: Symbols Along
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2020 edited

Orchards might be more easily done with the "Symbols In Area" command with the limitation that the rows will follow the cardinal direction. Somebody ought to do something to let that grid get rotated...
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Somebody?

:)

This is the bitmap I made.
      Bitmap.JPG

These are examples: Straight lines poly, smooth poly, fractal poly. Top to bottom all around 300-400 feet by 200-300 feet
      Examples.JPG

Even as a drawing tool they orient along a cardinal point, so the Symbols in Area may be a better option. I'll have to check it out and then practice my macro skills.

I found Fill with Symbols works better than Symbols in Area. That, or I was not doing the Symbols in Area correctly since it only filled the left and top edges of the area.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Have you checked 'tile to fill' ? If it isn't, the bitmap fill tends to just fill one corner.
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2020

I am a bit confused since the Symbols in Area dialog I see has no option for Tile to Fill.
      Capture.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2020

You hit OK at that point and then pick the area you want to fill.

Before you do this bit, though, you need to have drawn the area you want to fill as a polygon.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2020

Thanks Sue. I was confused by Jim’s statement to select “tile to fill.” It’s not on the form.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That makes a change! It's usually me who confuses everybody :)
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

Posted By: roy.dentonThanks Sue. I was confused by Jim’s statement to select “tile to fill.” It’s not on the form.

I would guess that Jim was discussing setting up a bitmap fill via the Fill Style Properties dialog.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Oh, you are using a different part of CC3+, I was refering to the bitmap fills.