The City of New Cassia

You may have seen this already on the CC3+ Facebook group, but I figured I'd cross-post here for the community that's not on that forum. Over there I've been documenting my progress on a massive city using SS5, entitled New Cassia. Took almost exactly 3 months as expected. As far as I have seen in the FB community and the forums, I think this is the largest city yet done with SS5 Cities of Schley. I needed a few extra symbols, but really wanted to stick with the Schley style, so I borrowed a little bit from SS4 (Dungeons of Schley) and the Schley Overland style.

The city of New Cassia has a population of about 20,000, and its primary economy is trade - mainly sea trade (sitting at the edge of the vast sea Ever Mere), but also land. It boasts a very strong army and navy (bolstered since the Tidal War with the Sahuagin over 100 years ago).

Some notable landmarks are the Sapphire Citadel which houses the Mages' Academy; the entire Holy Isle of Votia (where tensions between worshippers of the new god Athos and the old goddess Tinevria still simmer) and Cassian Square, where the famed statues of the five founding Pentarchs stand tall.

Zoomable version
Full, Hi-Res version (586MB!)

half_map

Comments