No Select Drawing Tool

I'm a beginner with this software, and I've been watching tutorials on Youtube to learn. But I'm having problems following along because my program doesn't act like the one in the video. When you click on the default wall or floor, a Select Drawing Tool dialog box is supposed to pop up, but it doesn't on mine. Nothing pops up. Is there somewhere I have to turn this dialog box on?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This depends on what style of map you are working on.

Those buttons basically work like this:
    - only one tool available: automatically start that tool immediately without any prompt/popup
    - multiple tools available: a dialog will pop up allowing you to pick the desired tool
    - no tools available: a dialog with an error message will show.

Now, the number of tools depends on your map style. Some styles have multiple floor types to choose from, others only one. If you follow a tutorial, it is important to make a map in the same map style to get all dialogs to be equal.

It is also important if you left or right click the button. Left click looks for the default tool of that type, of which there are usually just one, which will then be triggered immediately. Right click will show all of that type, and since there usually will be more than one, the dialog shows.
  • edited January 2020
    Apparently that's what I was doing wrong. I'm using the Jon Roberts Dungeon style. All the videos just say click this, so I was left-clicking. If I right-click, I get the dialog box. Thank you!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome. Happy mapping, and don't be afraid to ask if you run into other problems.
  • I am wondering, is there anywhere I can get a symbol for straw on the ground, like for inside a horse stall? I can't find anything like that in the symbols that came with CC3.
  • There are some in CSUAC/Vintyri Archives (which are free - see top of the forum list)