Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2020 edited

Here is another Watabou City Annual Rendition. I have added about 15 new drawtools - they are so good to use, and to use 'Change like Draw tool'. I hadn't really looked at either (except making the odd drawtool) and hand in hand, they work beautifully to create great cities. The ones I created were for dark forests, pine trees and variable colour trees, vines, orchard trees, docks, among others, under Watabou City Annual QW. I am really quite pleased with myself.
    Only 3 names that are personal - see if you can get them.
    Minus the time in doing drawing tools, this took me ~90 mins - for a city!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2020

That's a lovely map, Quenten :)

I think, though, that the drawtools are separate from the FCW and don't come with the map - unless I'm wrong about that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Oh, I didn't know that.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Yes, when I made the Ferraris Annual drawing tools (wow, that sounds posh doesn't it! I mean, when Remy wrote them in response to my questions and I created them according to his instructions), I then had to upload them alongside the FCW and fills and symbols for Ralf to collect. They live in the System/Drawtools folder, in whatever subfolder the template is set up to use. If you want to distribute them your best bet is to contact Ralf and offer them for inclusion with the annual. I updated a couple of the symbols in earlier annuals that way. You might have to wait until the end of year final update, but at least they won't get lost on this thread as it moves down the list over time.
    Quenten, I LOVE this map! I'm can't point to anything specific - I think it's the way everything works together - but it's really an attractive map. Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2020 edited

Wow, thanks. It really is Ralf and Watabou who should take the lion's share of the credit, Watabou for producing a great program to generate cities, and Ralf for making it so easy to convert the random city generated into an Annual issue. He has my undying gratitude for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The final version - now to find a city to place it in for the Atlas - help required.
      Mount Ridge - medium city SMALL2.png
    Is your herbalist magnificent, marvelous, and mad? ;-)

I know this is meant to show off the city, but I find my eye drawn to your farm fields. I love how they’re bordered with hedgerows. Really shows off the boundaries well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2020

Yes, and thanks ;)

I have found a location - Foxrun in the dream Lake region of Alarius. I have submitted it to Monsen, with appropriate name changes and compass direction altered
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

My favourite is the Trinalug swamp :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have changed it to Trinajan Swamp - it is pure coincidence that my wife's full name is Trina Jane. What about Old Kew's Quarry?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh, but Trinalug is far more like a pet name!

Kew.... ummmm… Kew....

No. That one's not doing anything to the bells in my head right now. It's a bit full of different shades of brown and grey right now, which might be why I can't see any links there. (I'm painting mountains)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Brat :D
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Still going straight over my head.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

You must be short then (and I know you are - haha). It's to do with the Kew Gardens in London, silly.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh well I was thinking it must be another reference to Trina! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Revenge will be sweet when I do my next city - Mousiton, I think.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I'm game :)

My other nickname at school was Scribble. For obvious reasons, I think. I never cared what I looked like, and you couldn't get me away from the art rooms for anything. So the end result was a scruffy kid usually sporting at least a couple of painty splodges.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Lots of material for me there in that post <evil snicker>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Map is now in the atlas. Thanks for the contribution.

Foxrun
    Posted By: QuentenYou must be short then (and I know you are - haha). It's to do with the Kew Gardens in London, silly.

This reminded me of one of my mother's favorite poems:
    To visit Kew in lilac time,
    In lilac time, in lilac time.
    To visit Kew in lilac time,
    It isn't far from London.

She was disappointed to discover when she was stationed in London during WWII that there were no lilacs in Kew Gardens. 8(

BTW, the map came across alright. I only had to change the "CA157_Trees Fruit" fill file reference from absolute to relative (@Bitmap\...). I don't really need your custom drawing tools to view it (although I'd love to see what you did with them) since the sheet effects came across with the map. I’m creating a custom template based on this map and am considering replacing some of the regular drawtools with macro ones to avoid having to change the active sheet when using the CHANGEDTM command. (This would also let me use the GETSYMSCALE command to scale line widths for metric scale maps.)