Adding one png to an existing symbol catalog

I understand how to use the Symbol Manager to import PNGs, edit their Options, then multi-select them and click "Save as catalog" to save the selected symbols to a new catalog.

Here is my question. If I want to add one new PNG file to an existing catalog, what is the procedure? I've added the new PNG to the same folder as my old PNGs are in. When I click Import PNGs and select my PNG folder it brings them all in, the old ones for the second time and the new one for the first time. Do I then have to select all the symbols again, old and new, and save them back out to the same symbol catalog, overwriting it? Am I missing a way to just import one new PNG to the Symbol Manager and then just add one new symbol to an existing catalog?

Thanks

--Andy

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited January 2020
    That's one way of doing it, but you can also open the .FSC file directly and import the new png, set up its options and then save the file before closing it. If you are trying to do this while you have a map open you can right click the CC3 icon on your desktop and open a second instance of the app so that you can have both your map and the .FSC open at the same time.

If this is the catalogue you want in your map, you will have to reopen the catalogue in your map file to see the updated version.