Making new line styles

Hi Everyone :)

Does anyone have a nice easy tutorial on creating your own line styles from scratch?

I know how to do it myself, but I seem to get a bit tangled up when I try to describe it to anyone else. The problem is that I tend to do it by pressing buttons and changing numbers until I get it right, and I don't really understand how I get there myself.

I'm trying to help someone learn how to do it over on the FB Group page, and he's asked if there are any more straightforward instructions than the help menu provides.

I've referred him to Remy's excellent Command Spotlight on Line Styles and Properties, but that's as close as I can find for now.

Comments

• 5 months later
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited June 2020
    Six months later I wish I could say I had but so far I haven’t been able to find any useful official documentation on the subject. The only advice I’ve seen anywhere addresses a user’s specific problems with line styles. The Tome doesn’t mention it at all, I can’t find anything like that on the forums or the blogs and the inline help is less than helpful. The dialogs have changed significantly since the help file was last revised and clicking the image on the help page only brings up error messages.