installing CC3 on two different computers

I'm considering buying a laptop to take with me to my gaming sessions. I have CC3 but have not installed it on my desktop at home because I'm unsure if I can install it on multiple computers with the same installation key or not.
Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Check the license agreement. IIRC it allowed installation on two computers as long as CC was not used on both at the same time (e.g. if you're the only one who uses it). But I haven't read the agreement in a long time.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Three computers actually, as long as it is for personal non-commercial use, and all computers are at the same address.
    See the agreement
  • Posted By: sdavies2720...as long as CC was not used on both at the same time (e.g. if you're the only one who uses it).
    In my case, I often DO have it running on two computers at the same time, because I'll use one map to model or build another one based on it. But I think that's still okay, because I'm the only one using it? *hopeful*
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You are fine. The license doesn't say anything about parallel use, just about installation. Even someone else (e.g. your spouse) could be using it at the same.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Posted By: MonsenThree computers actually, as long as it is for personal non-commercial use, and all computers are at the same address.
    See theagreement
    I was just thinking how cool my life would be if I had a job somewhere that had a commercial use license for CC3. :)
  • 9 years later
  • Posted By: jaerdaph
    Posted By: MonsenI was just thinking how cool my life would be if I had a job somewhere that had a commercial use license for CC3. :)
    INdeed!

So when you do this, do you have to have everything installed in the same path on both systems or will the program know where the same symbol is on each system relative to the install root?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: weogarthSo when you do this, do you have to have everything installed in the same path on both systems or will the program know where the same symbol is on each system relative to the install root?
    No, that is not necessary. CC3+ uses a relative path system. As long as you're using official resources, or install your custom resources in the CC3+ program data folder, all CC3+ installations will find them.
  • Posted By: Ralf
    Posted By: weogarthSo when you do this, do you have to have everything installed in the same path on both systems or will the program know where the same symbol is on each system relative to the install root?
    No, that is not necessary. CC3+ uses a relative path system. As long as you're using official resources, or install your custom resources in the CC3+ program data folder, all CC3+ installations will find them.
    Thanks Ralf Really great to hear