Can you upload an existing paper and ink map for altercation??

I've been interested in ProFantasy's Fractal Terrains for over 10 years now, and I have a question as to whether it is possible to scan/upload an ink and paper map that can be manipulated with the software. I've been wracking my brains over this question ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! Regards, mercantile1184

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2019
    Well, I guess it is possible, but it requires going through a couple of processes, and quite a bit of manipulation to make the map appropriate. Bring in handrawn maps like this isn't really FT's strong points; one of the main reasons for this is that FT3 works with map height and keeps height data for any given point in the map, and a handdrawn map wouldn't contain such data, but rather be completely flat. But of course, if you are willing to put in some work, it is absolutely doable, but it won't be a simple 3-step process, and probably not something you will be doing on day one with the software.
    ProFantasy do have a 14-day satisfaction guarantee though, so you can try it out risk-free.

All in all, CC3+ is a far better product to import old handdrawn maps into (still some work, but CC3+ is more suitable for the task). Of course, CC3+ is a completely different product than FT3, and might not be what you want, depending on what you want to do with your map.

Also note you don't 'upload' anything to any of these programs. They are programs installed on and running locally on your computer, not a web app hosted by ProFantasy.
  • I can vouch for CC3+ using paper scanned maps as bmps. I have done hundreds of them that way.