Mac OS Catalina

suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
Just to let you all know that there is a new version of crossover (wine) version (19) that allows 32bit applications to install and run , i have tried this on parallels virtual machine running catalina and CC3+ installed and ran fine , i would guess that all the other profantasy software would also be good to go

macos catalina has no support for 32bit applications

Rob

Comments

• 2 months later
  • On this note, I really really hope it's in the plans Soon™ to release a 64bit version that takes better advantage of modern CPUs / memory. It legitimately was slower on Windows 10 than Linux+Wine.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    If it's of any interest here, slaapliedje, a 64-bit version has been *mentioned* in passing by individuals associated with the PF Team over on the FB Group page in the past - sometimes in the same sentence as "CC4". There's been no actual official announcement about it, but if its true it could be why the team have been relatively quiet just lately. A total rewrite of the app is a humungous task.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited February 2020
    Posted By: LoopysueIf it's of any interest here, slaapliedje, a 64-bit version has been *mentioned* in passing by individuals associated with the PF Team over on the FB Group page in the past - sometimes in the same sentence as "CC4". There's been no actual official announcement about it, but if its true it could be why the team have been relatively quiet just lately. A total rewrite of the app is a humungous task.
    I wonder what would happen to all of our add-ons...
  • 4 months later
  • Hi,

I'm pretty new around here and I've just upgraded to a new Mac running OS Catalina. Unfortunately, I didn't do my homework to realise that it is 64-bit only, and as a result Adobe CS4 no longer runs and I refuse to pay a subscription for a program I use infrequently so I've just purchased the Humble Bundle which includes CC3+, City Designer, Dungeon Designer, Battlemat & Floorplan Collections, Token Treasury, Perspective 3, Source Maps; Castles, Temples, Tombs & Catacombs and the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, whew.

I've also downloaded Crossover 19 to run the software. I assume I would have to install CC3+ first but I'm not sure how to set it up in Crossover and then how to install the add-ons and so on.

Any suggestions?
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    once you have installed crossover you just need to double click on the cc3+ setup file and pick and name the bottle and an install configuration of "unlisted" allways allow the setup to finish and if the setup asks if you want to view the pdf say "no" , and once that install has finished then run cc3+ , there should be an icon created in the crossover bottles list.

i use a windows 7 64bit bottle

to install additional programs like DD3 you would perform the same procedure as above and select the same bottle you installed the cc3+ program into

once everything you want has been installed i would export this bottle to archive and keep it somewhere safe just incase you need to reinstall in the future which would just be an import of that achive

hope this helps

Rob
  • Thanks Rob,

Install went well except City Designer 3, Source Map Castles, Source Map Temples, Symbol Set 2 and Tome of Ultimate Mapping failed with a CC3+ not found, error. The other .exe. files worked fine and I followed the exact same procedure. Should CC3+ be running when these add-ons are installed?
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    edited June 2020
    No cc3+ should not be running when addons are installed also you need to run cc3+ after each item you have installed, you may need to do a reboot as Catalina my have buffered the installs and would be waiting for the previous one to complete
  • Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

Cheers,