Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorBastian
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2019

Hiya. Totally newbish here, but I downloaded the software. got it up and running, saved a map I worked on for a while (or so I thought) and then the next day found that I couldn't open the files. Initially there were for different documents for the one map I made (I found them in my documents files) but they came up blank. So I lost all my work,, apparently. Now it would seem, these documents are now trying to open themselves in Adobe Acrobat!!!! All I want to do is to be able to make a map, save it, and then opening it again. HELP! lol
    My operating system is WIndows 10. I was able to open up my "invisible" program file, and took a look at the files there but I found no maps I could open. So. i'm a bit confused as to what to do. Thanx!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

When you saved your map what name did you give it?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

If you used "Save" and didn't tamper with the file name extension or the type of file to save, right click the Start button on your PC and choose Search. Then type "*.fcw" and any map files you saved will appear in the list. (CC3 map files save with an fcw file extension)

If you used "Save as..." and saved it as something other than an FCW, then unfortunately the map file hasn't been saved.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

If you saved as a bmp or png, you can insert that into a template and trace over it to get your fcw map back.
    CC3+ doesn't let you start a map without saving it with a name first, so unless you've saved over it, it's probably around somewhere. If you find an fcw file which won' open, please send it in to support.