Creating A Smooth Poly Bitmap

Maybe I am missing something in the UTOM but I cannot find anything on how to create a smooth poly bitmap like the ones for filling in a deciduous forest in the CC3 style. Is there somewhere that says how to make a new one?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2019
    I am not quite sure what you are really asking here. Bitmaps themselves aren't straight or smooth, they're just bitmaps.

Any bitmap fill can be used in a smooth poly, simply set the desired fill first (I assume the bitmap fill itself is already defined in the current drawing), and then just use the Smooth Poly image tool to draw your poly using the selected fill.
  • For example, in the cc3 style and within the vegetation catalog there is a smooth poly for deciduous trees. You click it and it automatically fills the smooth poly you draw on your map. I was wondering how to make a new one for the style I have been working on using a bitmap I have already imported.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Would you be talking about a symbol fill, rather than a bitmap fill?

A symbol fill draws the area and then a couple of seconds later it gets filled with lots of separate tree symbols.
  • That is it. Confused because of the names that they use within the style itself. I know how to do a symbol fill using the drawing tools just not how to make an actual tool that does it all in one go.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2019
    The tree tool is a macro drawing tool that first lets you draw a polygon, then calls the FOREST command to fill the area with trees. I recommend you take a look at the macro embedded in the tool (You can access it from the advanced drawing tools dialog).
    The macro loads a specific forest setting to be used for the fill, so if you want to use your own symbols, you need to set up your own forest setting first. You can create this using the Draw -> Fill With Symbols dialog.
  • Thanks Monsen, the file I have is a marsh from the Harnic regional map key and maps. Is it possible to do all this and rename or generate a new tool called marsh?