How to combine FT3 exported multiple CC3 files

The reason I do this is, I need a real world map with super fine details, so I export multiple CC3 files from Fractal Terrains 3, using coastline only option. Still when I try to copy and paste all the exported files in CC3, CC3 shows me extremely slow response. Is there a way to combine these exported files? Or could I export one single CC3 file from FT3 but with high details?

Comments

• This is all the files I exported from FT3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2019
    I really wouldn't recommend this. As you say yourself, CC3+ starts to slow down when you try to combine the files, and this is due to the sheer complexity these entities introduce. Landmasses exported from FT3 at the highest setting contains many thousand nodes, and combing too many of these pushes CC3+ to the edge of what it can handle, the calculations needed to draw all the lines needed for a fine-detailed coastline of the entire world are quite a lot.
    Normally, I recommend running SIMPLIFY on the landmasses to reduce the number of nodes in these situations, but this do of course reduce the detail level.

What I do recommend is to do a single file world export from FT3 using the highest detail level coastline setting and use that as your main map, and then, if you need additional details in areas, make those areas as separate maps, similar to what we have done in the community atlas.
    (Note that if you want to edit one of the export settings inside FT3, for example to change the coastline detail level, you MUST run FT3 explicitly as an administrator, by right clicking the shortcut item and choose the Run as Administrator option, otherwise your changes won't be saved due to windows UAC)
  • Thank you Monsen very much. I do want to know what CC3+ can and cannot.

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>
    (Note that if you want to edit one of the export settings inside FT3, for example to change the coastline detail level, you MUST run FT3 explicitly as an administrator, by right clicking the shortcut item and choose the Run as Administrator option, otherwise your changes won't be saved due to windows UAC)</blockquote>

This issue troubled me a lot before. Thank you for pointing it out.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: HQ YangI do want to know what CC3+ can and cannot.
    Well, there are few very hard limits for what CC3+ can do, it comes down to a lot of factor, one of which is your computer. But the thing to remember about any vector-based drawing software is that they have to calculate what to show based on whatever entities you have. The more entities, and the more nodes these entities have, the harder this job becomes, meaning it takes more time, and starts to slow down. Software like CC3+ doesn't just operate on a flat grid of pixels like an image editor. For an image editor, it doesn't really matter if you color that pixel black or white or red, or even if you changed the color of a million pixels, it is still just the same amount of pixels to keep track of, but adding an additional entity in CC3+ on the other hand means that it now needs to calculate even more date to get the image to display on screen.
    Generally speaking, if you find things starts to get too sluggish, it is a sure sign that you are trying to push CC3+ a bit to hard, and you should relax on the details and/or effects.