Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2019 edited

I am going to map the exterior of the Tavern and Inn in Stormwatch located in the Emerald Crown Forrest on Alarius. (I'll include the interiors of the numbered buildings that show on the map as non-competition maps to be included in the atlas as well.)

Right now I'm just hunting down and playing around with different fills and symbols so not much to show yet. Here's what I have so far. No need to comment yet since a lot will change as I go.
      Tavern and Inn2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2019

Not much to show ?! I hope you are kidding because that looks great !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Looking good so far. I can already envision players fighting snow golems there.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

What are those long things with a cross piece at either end?

Looks good so far :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

So far it looks great! Can't wait to see it finished.

(Those things with the cross pieces are for drying fish and blubber -- this is from one of my maps!).
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh I see! :)

Its just that they had no shadow to tell me they weren't just lying on the ground ;)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2020

I'm still working on this but have made some progress. I think I'll actually finish this one on time. :)
      Tavern and Inn v2.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Gives me the chills just looking at it :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

I love the name!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020

Yes. I think I've seen a few of those (staggering mooses… moosii… whatever the plural is for moose - I'm getting wiggly red lines under that lot!) - even though I live in the UK! :P

I love the way you've done the snow on this map :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020 edited

Thanks, glad you like. :)

Here's my official entry:
      The Staggering Moose.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Looks terrific, Shessar :D
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Looks great !
    Makes me want a warm mug of cider!

May I ask, how did you do the snow drifts on top of the roofs?
    • CommentAuthorShessar

@Daisho - The snow on the roofs are made using the White Solid 70 fill. The effects are Glow (inside), Edge Fade Inner and Bevel Lighted. All of the glows and shadows in this map are done with color 22 as is the frame. Different color glows and shadows cause a different feel to the map. Grey makes it seem wet and dreary. Light blue makes it seem like a crystal clear sky and frigid. I went for a grey-blue on this map for a soft monotone color scheme that was frigid but with a slight overcast. Snow, being a crystal, reflects the color of the sky.
    Fantastic map!
    I love the snow effects and of course the moose in the lovely woods :)
    I would like bet 5 gold that Shessar has something sinister in this tavern for her players :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020 edited

Great map, and it can now be found in the atlas.

Thanks for participating in the challenge Shessar. Hopefully, others will be inspired to create their own entries too. Remember, while I always love to see more maps in the atlas, you can participate in the challenge without submitting it to the atlas.

The Staggering Moose
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Posted By: LoopysueYes. I think I've seen a few of those (staggering mooses… moosii… whatever the plural is for moose

I believe the word you are looking for is Meese. That's right. The plural of goose is geese therefore the plural of moose is meese. I dare you to try to convince me otherwise. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The plural of Moose is Mouse. How could you not know that (word in the ear from a pink panther ... the plural is moose, how disappointing)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2020

LOL!

No. I agree with Shessar. Its meese.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2020

Love it!!