Shouldn't there be a DD3 button?

After a few years of hiatus I just re-installed CC3+ and DD3. Now when I create a new dungeon map, I just see the CC3+ button with the mouseover text "map menu" - shouldn't there be a DD3 button next to it that enables the DD features?

Sorry for the noob question...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes, should be. I recommend you try (re-)installing the latest CC3+ update. The updates do dowenload updated menu configuration files, so it may fix the issue.
  • It should reappear after you run the latest update exe (no 23 is the latest)
  • Alright, thanks for the fast answers.

It says 3.92 so it should be the latest, but I'll try and apply the patch 23
  • I just did and to no avail :-(

I read in an old thread, that tinkering with the .mnu files could help. I'm not afraid of altering a few files, but this is weird on a clean install.
    edited December 2019
    Are you sure DD3 is properly installed?
    For example, can you start a new map of the dungeon type in the DD3 dungeon style? (NOT CC3 Dungeon)

You can also manually try to load up the dungeon menu by typing MENUM on the CC3+ command line, followed by a space. The command prompt wil then proceed to request the name of a Menu file:, here you need to type @dungeon.mnu and hit enter. This should load the dungeon menu.

If any of the above fails, there is a problem with your DD3 install.
  • Huh, you're right. That seems to be the problem. I cannot choose DD3 style when creating a new map.

When I run the DD3SetupForCC3Plus.exe it thinks it is installed though. It only offers me the options "repair" and "remove". Repairing doesn't change anything unfortunately.
    Sounds like something didn't go correctly with that install. I'd probably just try to uninstall both DD3 and CC3+, reboot, then install them again.
    While I've never had issues with it myself, some users also have reported that some antivirus/protection software is a bit overprotective and blocks legitimate installs, so it might be worth trying to turn them off during the install, just remember to turn them back on again immediately after.

Did you let CC3+ put the data directory in the default location during install btw, or did you move it somewhere else? If you did, perhaps something is up with that location (security settings/permissions/etc).
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Other things that might be affecting it - make sure you have the most recent installer for DD3 and run all installers as administrator after deactivating the AV (as Monsen suggested)
  • Good morning,
    sorry for dropping out of the conversation without a notice last night, but it was getting really late here.

I did the complete uninstall, reboot, reinstall routine and despite doing anything differently than before, now it works! Yay!

Still strange that these things happen, but I won't complain now that it does work.

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful responses!