where do the annual resources end up?

Hi everyone...and Happy Thanksgiving. We have already had ours in Canada. I have purchased several of the annuals that have seemed interesting to me, and I have had a hard time trying to find out where to start with a new map. What I am meaning is, do I start with "overland", "dungeon", "perspective", "other"? I have to hunt around to find out where the content is located, and it is not always apparent from the short manuals you get when you install it. My suggestion would be that when putting out the great content, would it be possible to make sure which "template" you are supposed to start with to be able to create the maps? That's all. Cheers!
Rob

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Any issues in particular you have a problem with? As far as I can tell, almost every one of the user guides for the different issues starts with a section usually titles 'Starting a new map' that tell exactly what style and template to choose. Not every annual provides a new map style however, and these generally won't come with their own template to start a new map from at all.
  • Rob, if I've interpreted your comments right, you may find it helpful to go through the PDF mapping guide for each monthly issue of the Annual and print out those you think will be of use to you in future mapping, or make notes yourself so you can keep a record somewhere of which issue has which mapping style options (of those that do).
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    And the mapping guides are accessible in CC3+ through Tools > Add-ons in the menu.
  • Hi everyone, sorry for not getting back sooner, but even more sorry for wasting your time! I do now realize all that information is contained in the Mapping Guides that come with the various CA. Duhhh. Monsen...I have not come across any just yet. As you and others have pointed out, that information on how to get started is contained on PAGE 1 of every mapping guide. Thanks for understanding a newbie's concerns.
    Best....Rob
  • This thread has been useful since I just purchased my first two annuals. Thanks.
  • Posted By: roy.dentonThis thread has been useful since I just purchased my first two annuals. Thanks.
    @roy.denton...Glad you found this helpful. I guess my old teachers were right, there are no stupid questions! Happy mapping all!

Rob