Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjameslytle
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2019

I know I have seen what I need before but I cannot remember where.

What I want to do is import an image (Google maps map made into an image) as a background image so that I can trace all of the important information such as roads and mountain range stuff. I know I saw it awhile back like it was a tutorial or part of one of the PDF's provided but I cannot remember where from. Can somebody help me out and point me in the right direction.

Jim
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

To import an image, just use Draw --> Insert file.

I recommend placing the image on a dedicated sheet so you can move it up/down in the order as required, and you can also apply effects like transparency to it.

Thx for the info, and I already created the layer to import the image to.

Isn't there some kind of tutorial and somewhere in one of the manuals that details how to do this? I ask because I seem to remember having to enter corner point location to make sure that the image fits the map size exactly?

Jim
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

There is a tutorial in the user manual (page 94 for the latest version). The tutorial mentions converting old hand-draw maps, but it is applicable for any image.
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2019 edited

Thx Monsen, This was the tutorial I was remembering. I just could not remember exactly where it was located.

Jim
    Also, Joshua Plunkett (I believe) has a youtube tutorial on it. That's where I learned to do it. I use this technique constantly.