Can you place existing symbols on a different layer?

I have this bad habit of misclicking. I have some mountains on my vegetation layer. Is there a way to put those mountain entities back onto the Mineral/Mountains layer without removing the symbols/entities?

Comments

• In the toolbox on the left, around the middle, is a button for "Change Properties." Click it, select the symbols, and change the sheet (and layer, if that's what you're actually wanting to change, but you're probably thinking of sheets) to what you want.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I find it useful for this to hide everything but the SYMBOL sheet, so I can select the errant mountains more easily, then use the Change Properties command as taustinoc recommends or go directly via Change Layer (right-click the Change Properties button to access).
  • Thanks I'll try that. No, it's a layer. Not the Sheet. My symbols are not hiding or underneath anything or not showing. Just they're on a different layer.
  • I had this same problem initially, with various symbols or other features stuck on the wrong layers. Drove me batty, but it reminds me that I basically need like an order of operations for map building. (E.g., start with X layer and only put in ABC features; then move to Y layer and do QRS features; etc., etc., etc.)