Directories

Hi all.

I just installed the 2019 Annual (minus December of course). I downloaded the executables into the directory Windows C:/Program Files (x86)/Profantasy/Annuals

When they installed, they were nowhere in site, but they opened up find with the readme file in PowerPoint, but they were not in the above directory.

After a search, I found them in the directory Windows C:/Program Data/Profantasy/Annuals.

The two directories are not the same, as can be seen from the attached screen shots.

Which one should they be in?
Do I have to reinstall all this stuff so it all goes into the "right" directory?
Can I just drag and drop them?

This blew my mind to shreds.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    They're supposed to be in the c:\programdata\ProFantasy\CC3Plus (where they installed)

From your screenshots, it does look like you have all kinds of stuff in c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus that doesn't belong there. Have you been copying files to this directory manually?
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have to say that's where I thought most stuff would go, but I didn't force the program to install there, so I am not sure how it ended up there. Except, of course, today, that is where I told the software where to download the executable. I'm reluctant to delete the program files directory, but I think I will copy stuff from the CC3+ level (not all the folders) to the other directory and then make sure that is where I am starting the program from. That may explain some occasional weirdness I get during operations.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Don't do that.

CC3+ itself (the executable and dll's) are supposed to live in c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus
    All data files (Fills, symbols, templates, maps, annuals, etc) should go to c:\programdata\ProFantasy\CC3Plus

For the installers, I don't recommend putting them in either of the directories, just download them to your regular downloads directory and run them, they will put thing where it is supposed to go.
  • Thanks. After your response, I dug into the users manual more and found that out, again. I left things as they were.