Tome question

I purchased the Tome of Ultimate Understanding. It refers to CC2 but I have CC3.
Is there an updated version or does the Tome apply fully to CC3?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Posted By: doktor57does the Tome apply fully to CC3?
    Fully is a great word but I own the ToUM and am quite happy with it and CC3 DD3 CD3.
    The only difference I found is about ERA (CC3) / ERASE (CC2?) command. That's not to say you'll find no more :)
    In case of any question, you're on the right forum anyway...

Hope it helped.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I think PF are working on an update, but it's probably quite a while away yet.

As Joachim said, the Tome works quite ok with CC3. There are a few toolbar changes (most noticeably is probably that all the different change properties buttons (lines, fill, etc) now are grouped into one. The Tome also does not go through CC3's new features, which are primarily sheet effects and raster symbols. Other than that, CC2 and CC3 behaves almost identical.
    The Tome is still an invaluable resource for CC3 users though, and you will learn a lot from it.
  • Recently, I tried to reinstall my Tome of Ultimate Mapping, which I had bought last year on DriveTHRU.com, to my restored computer. I succeeded in finishing the installation process but the generated PDF was broken. I cannot read ToUM since then. Does anyone know good solution to this? I don't know how to retrieve the PDF other than installing it normally to my computer, which I failed though.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: thihaRecently, I tried to reinstall my Tome of Ultimate Mapping, which I had bought last year on DriveTHRU.com, to my restored computer. I succeeded in finishing the installation process but the generated PDF was broken. I cannot read ToUM since then. Does anyone know good solution to this? I don't know how to retrieve the PDF other than installing it normally to my computer, which I failed though.
    Please contact tech support with your order details from Drivethru.com. They'll be able to set you up with a new download.