How to import annuals in CC3+ OR Change Existing Canvas size?

Hi guys. I was wondering, how you would import old annuals into a new CC3+ file?

Also, is there a way to resize an existing canvas? The old SCALEXY > Select All > Modify "X" > Modify "Y"in command line doesn't work for me anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure what you mean with old annuals? Are you referring to old maps you made with the annuals under CC3? Or are you looking on how to install the old annuals (If so, grab updated CC3+ compatible installers from your registration page)

If you only want to resize the canvas, use File -> Resize Drawing Area. There is no reason why SCALEXY should have stopped working though, that command should work the same way as it has always done, but that procedure will resize the entire map, not just the canvas.
  • Hey Monsen! Like when I make a new CC3+ file, and say I choose the Herwin Wielink annual, I am not able to open up any symbols or terrain textures from other annuals, like the 13th age or satellite for an example.
  • I remember I use to had to Draw > Insert File with any symbols or textures from other annuals I wanted to mix and match with. That doesn't work either.
    edited November 2019
    To use symbols from other styles/annuals, you can just use the Open Symbol Catalog image button and browse for the catalogs you want.

As for fills, the procedure is the same as you describe, use Draw -> Insert file to insert a drawing from another style (but with the drawing on the cursor, just hit Esc instead of actually placing it), that will copy the fill style definitions to the map, and you should find them in the fill style dialog. You should also be able to use the drawing tools from that style as well.

Nothing has really changed for these things, they should work as they have always done.
  • Hi Monsen: For some reason when insert the satellite annual to extract the fills from it, it pixelates my canvas. Did the Draw > Insert File > Satellite. Not sure why. all of the other ones work fine.

See screen shot below.
    Odd. Not sure why that would be, but you can check the resolution settings by clicking the Display Speed Settings image and then hitting the Fill Style Resolution button. I recommend you do this before the problematic insert, then do the insert and see if the values here have changed.
    There is also a possibility that the scaled setting for that particular fill was changed to a very high value, you can check that from the fill style dialog.