FT Pro issues

I stopped using FT a few years ago, because of a computer crash and that fact that I didn't really need it anymore. I thought I lost the one file I'd really use with it in that same crash, so it was never a priority. By sheer luck, I found a back up copy of that file today, and decided to mess with it.

So I pulled out my FT disc, loaded it up, downloaded the FT Pro upgrades and the 2.3 update, installed them and started messing with my file. I am now 100% thoroughly frustrated. Basically, here's a list of issues I'm having:

- While the original file I load in looks as it should, if I save it, the world completely changes if I save it and reload it.

- I am unable to save bmps, jpgs or pngs. Everytime I do so, my Visual Studio debugger pops up with: "An handled win32 exception occured in FT.exe [236]" just at is apparently completes the process.

- Multiple File export is still FUBAR. No matter what settings I use, anything past the second level doesn't match up. This seems to be worse if the projection is anything other than equirectangular, though I admit that I didn't try every projection.

- If I have rivers enabled, and I export to CC2, the resulting export is all wrong. The rivers look to be in the right places, but everything else is wrong - it's as if another map entirely was exporting.

Comments