Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2019 edited

Okay, onward and upward !

Before I work on the import into CC3+, I am curious which lgt file creates this in FT3 ?

Thanks.

edit: I looked at all of them one at a time, and while there were some close, I couldn't find a match.
      tnt01_completebb.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2019

In FT3 that would be one of the bottom three in the list of colour schemes that start with "CA155". I can't see which one in this little image, but it will be one of them.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Okay. Thanks. I may use it as a simple export from ft3 in another game world. I have a bunch of them that are partial worlds.

I'm currently working my way through the hollow black altitudes with changefs and changec.

Neat.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Here ya go.

Altitude bit is in the wrong place. I'll move it later. Still have to name places, etc. yet.
      tnt02b_0000018b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I am looking at using one of the 'glass floor tile' bitmap fills as a frame. I think it came with one of the early Annuals. Persian floor tiles, something like that.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Its coming on very nicely, Jim :)

It might be worth shifting that grid to align it properly with the map if you have time.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Grid it came with, but I'll definitely fix that and the rest of it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2019

The Rocks, Zogand, and Shur Land are continents. Since I'm switching from an icosahedron map to a rectangular map, and I think I added more land to this map, some locations don't have names. Yes, I am adding a continent for T&T Thieve's World, Sanctuary is located upper right.

900 pixels wide of a 2000 pixel map.
      tnt02b_0000026b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Due to hackers adding accounts into my wiki, and me being unable to delete their accounts which I never authorized, I have uninstalled the wiki from my domain.

The above map will go to my regular t&t site.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It looks brilliant, Jim :)

That's a shame about your Wiki. Is there any way you can salvage it and keep control of it next time?
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I don't know how they got in so it will have to stay gone.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2019 edited

Anyway, here is the link to my T&T site.

The navigation menu needs some work, but that will have to wait.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2019

I don't think I really 'got' the site that well, Jim, but no matter - I can see from this thread that you have created a great new map :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2019

The older maps of small areas are based on the previous Icosahedron map. I'll be converting those as I have time to the newer rectangular map.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2019

• CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2019

That looks really cool, Jim. By coincidence the colour scheme goes really well with your page :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2019 edited

I went into the cms style sheet and changed it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2019

Just added some text to the world map.Petal area map is done with a map. The rest on my site, for area maps, are partial png save as. When I have time I'll make small area maps and add them to the site.
      Bragnol01b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2019

Looks good :)

I would zoom in to the FT3 final map and re-export for better detail for the regional maps.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2019

Thanks !
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2020 edited

Update. Added ocean currents and possible seaport areas.

Some of the currents will need a rethink I do believe.

Any suggestions ?

The lines are 100 miles wide, so I'll have to draw points on them.

Updated the map with arrows on two currents.
      Bragnol01_019b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2020

Some arrow updates.

What do you think ?
      Bragnol01_021b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It looks great :)

Though the arrows might look even better if you joined the two separate lines into one. That would get rid of the gap at the tip of each one and give you a proper point.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Yeah, I'll have to look that up in my copy of the Tome.

But it looks like to me some of the currents are not correct for direction, start point, etc.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

All you have to do to join the two parts of each arrow is right click the fractalize button and pick Line to Path, then pick both sides of a single arrowhead and do it.

The currents are what you want them to be :)
    Oh. So that's how its done!?!? Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

If you use the Path tool to draw them instead of the Line tool they will automatically be joined up without having to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020

hmm.. Seems like my comment from earlier didn't make it through. Maybe I forgot to hit the submit button, I was a bit busy.

But anyway, I was wondering about a few of the currents, especially some of the warm currents. I am no expert on currents, so maybe I am way off here, but the warm current heading north from Drel Deep crosses both a comparably narrow straight, as well as shallow waters, both of which tends to break currents.
    The one between Blister and Tooth also seem to snaking a bit weirdly.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020 edited

Yeah, thats why I was hoping on feedback on the currents. I'll look them over.

Using my new ten dollar 1200 dpi mouse. Zooms all over my screen. I had to adjust it in control panel and slow it down.

Oh, the Gulf Stream goes through a narrow area between Cuba and Florida. It just speeds up and disperses into the Atlantic Ocean.

Gulf of Mexico current is a circle, but the Carribean Sea and the Atlantic has some influence on it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Here is the update. Using a hexagon grid as this is for my site.
      Bragnol01_026b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Looking good, Jim :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Thanks.

Probably add more warm and cold currents. Along with trade routes.
    • CommentAuthormike robel
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020 edited

well, I thought yellow was warm and blue [edit] was cold [edit]. I think in general warm goes poleward and cold goes toward the equator, so you might want to tune them a little, but I think they are pretty close.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

If you are concerned about the currents and want to get things right according to the normal rules of physics (and assuming your world is the same size and rotates in the same direction as the Earth) you might find this helpful.

https://astrographer.wordpress.com/bookshelf/geoff-eddys-climate-cookbook/
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Blue is cold and yellow is warm, but some currents are stronger and push the others aside.

Bubbling Ocean is one of them that bubbles greatly and pushes other currents away. The swirling around Blister is turbulent water and pushes other currents away, small ships to. Gruesome Bay is similar, but there are ports there.

I want the currents to look like they are working with this terrain. I may join some of the currents and show branching off of those currents.

Was going to add prevailing winds, but I'm not so sure I want that many extra lines on the map.