Problem file doing wierd thing on open - SOLVED

This file was ok earlier today, but when I open it now I am immediately asked to pick a fill style before the map even shows.

[Image_13224]

It doesn't matter if I pick one, or cancel the dialog, the next bit is always the same.

I want to change the fill of the stone texture patches behind these craters I've drawn, but when I use change properties I get as far as this

[Image_13225]

And then CC3 crashes.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I don't know what to try.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited November 2019
    Requesting a fill style at startup can be a symptom of a corrupted cc3plus.xml file. It can also be a symptom of a corrupted drawing. What's happening is that something is trying to set a style that doesn't exist in the drawing. I don't recall the precise area that was causing this, but if you rename your drawing so that it won't automatically load at startup and the problem persists, please send me a copy of your cc3plus.xml file and I will try to see if I can figure out what got damaged. If it stops asking when you don't load the file, send me the drawing and I'll see if I can figure out what is wrong.
    It looks like the drawing, Joe, since the problem ceased to exist when it opened another file.

I will attach it to a whisper for you below, since it is a commission piece.
    It turned out the map code was corrupted by something I did with the fill styles the last time it was open and working ok.

Thank you so much for sorting it all out for me, Joe! :D