CONTOURSM Issue

I have been using CONTOURSM without issue half of the day and then this evening it starts acting up. The first image I imported worked fine. All of my other attempts look like they are going to work but after I select the entity and check for my contour lines, there are none any where. Not in the sheet I had selected and not in the original sheet where the imported file was at. Any ideas?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I had a similar problem using CONTOURSM myself a while back. I was told it was because the image wasn't black on transparent background, and because the edge wasn't sharp.

Could that be the problem?
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    CONTOURSM was intended to work on CC3+ entities and just happens to work on certain images (it's not actually black in images that it traces, but black-on-transparent images usually work with the default settings). The TRACE command is designed to trace around the non-transparent parts of images, but TRACE only does one contour.
  • I just read about TRACE and TRACED. I think I am going to try these out and see how things look with that and if I have any issues with bring in my PNGs from my deconstructed map.