Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019 edited

For all those of you wishing to build your own fantasy world in a day, The One Day Worldbuilder has just been published by Profantasy as the November issue of the 2019 Cartographer's Annual.

http://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/cartographers-annual-november-2019/

Jerion sample.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019

I can't wait to try it. I might use it on the map i entered for the competition to decide on what world to use for the Atlas. I did say I would come back to it.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Well that would certainly be interesting to see.

Let me know if there are any problems? I created 5 new worlds in a row just to test everything to make absolutely sure it all worked according to the instructions, but that doesn't necessarily mean its a perfect method, and definitely not the only one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I am actually redoing my Myirandios world using my method; so it will be great to use your method on another of my worlds. I will have to do more on Dun Fingolfin first.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I could use this for my Tunnels and Trolls game world. It currently only has bits and pieces of a world map.
    • CommentAuthorrnadams2
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2019

This is likely the installment that will get me to subscribe. Can't wait to get into it!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2019

Hope you all enjoy making your new worlds :)
    Thanks for this, Loopysue! I'm having fun with it. Here's a link to my first "One Day World!"

Full disclosure, it took me longer than a day just because I had to play with it and learn the ins and outs. I've got a good enough handle on it now that I think further efforts will take a lot less time.

Edit: Well, the link didn't work as planned - I meant to share an *.fcw file from my OneDrive. I'll figure out how to do it correctly and then post the link...
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2019

You can post up to a 1,000 pixel wide png or bmp. I don't remember what the megabyte limit is though.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You're welcome, Maidhe :)

Glad you enjoyed it :D
    Altitude Map Climate Map Temperature Map Rainfall Map
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Love it, Maidhe
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2019

Wow! No wonder it took you longer than a day. I didn't cover any of the climate options at all.

That's a great map! :D
    Thank you, Quenten, Loopysue!

Fractal Terrains and CC3+ did all the heavy lifting for the climate, temp and rainfall, though :). I set up a custom export a few years ago for a game where I wanted lots of fairly realistic detail for the world, and used that one instead of the contours from the annual.

These tools, combined with the step-by-step from this annual, are really awesome!