Fill with Symbols (Exclude Areas) Not Working

I'm unable to get it to work. Even going into Draw - Fill with Symbols (Exclude Areas) allows me to select the shadow to fill that the Fill with Symbols creates in just fine. Only when I right click and click on Do It, nothing happens.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you complete both selection processes? Remember that the Exclude Areas family of command first require you to select the areas to fill in the first selection step, then the areas to exclude in the next.
  • I'm not getting a second selection process. It will allow me to select the areas to fill, right click and select Do It, only for the command to just end. If I use Fill with Symbols normally, it fills just fine. Fill with Symbols (and Symbols in Area) that exclude do not fill and do not give me a second selection process.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    That's weird. These commands work perfectly fine on my installations. While it is easy to make settings that make them inoperable on any area (making the symbols too large for example, so there isn't space for even one), if the regular Fill With Symbol Works, then fill With Symbols (Exclude Area) should also work. The only "weird" thing about the exclude version is that if you don't select anything to exclude in the second select step, nothing is drawn, but as long as you select entities in both steps, everything is fine.
    But if you don't get the second select step at all, there there seem to be something weird happening, and you should probably contact support.

If you want to make sure you are using the command correctly, you can also check out my tutorial. (The tutorial was written before the commands where added to the menu, so it references typing them in on the command line instead of selecting them from the menu, otherwise no difference.)