Trouble with Exported map

So I made a basic dungeon map. However when I export (save as) it is coming out with a really poor quality no matter the settings that I have.

I even jacked up the jpg setting to 1200 resolution, 100% anti-aliasing.

What am I missing and doing wrong here to get a better resolution map?

Thanks

Freewolf

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited October 2019
    First, hide all the sheets but your map frame, and use the Change Properties tool to move that to the MAP BORDER layer (I really do mean a layer, not a sheet)

Then use save as... and pick one of the rectangular bitmap export types.

Click the Options button and whatever values you put in the boxes make sure you check the "Crop image to aspect ratio", and the "Restrict image to map border" boxes.

If your frame is constructed entirely of a line with a width this may cut half your frame off. If that happens add a bounding rectangle to the background sheet on the MAP BORDER layer that defines the outer edges of your frame.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2019
    Posted By: FreewolfI even jacked up the jpg setting to 1200 resolution, 100% anti-aliasing.
    The Resolution isn't what you want to change, that setting only makes sense in relation to printing the image. What you want to increase is the width and the height of the image.
    And drop that anti-aliasing down a lot, setting it that high won't do much for you on that map, other than drastically bump up the time required to do the export.

And do make sure to follow Sue's advice about enabling the "Crop image to aspect ratio" and "Restrict image to map border" options, this gets rid of the white space around the map, and make sure it is just your actual map that fills the size you specify.
  • Thanks for these suggestions. They have helped in getting a better export.

Freewolf