Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRobertF
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2019

The full error message reads:

'No matching draw tool for "Wall, Default" There is no draw tool matching your selection in the current draw tool style.''

I'm unable to draw walls. Could this be related to the recent CC3+ upgrade I downloaded?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Which template are you using? Maybe I can replicate this fault if its down to the update.
    • CommentAuthorRobertF

I'm not sure - is there a way to find out?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2019

I was hoping you would know.

Ok.

When you click the crossed hammer and pencil button, what style does it say in the dropdown box at the top of the dialog?
    • CommentAuthorRobertF
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2019

Ok, finally getting back to this . . .

I know what I was doing wrong, right-clicked on the crossed hammer and pencil button, then saw the Style menu was no longer selected on "Dungeon DD3 Color" so had change it back. That fixed the problem!

Thanks Loopysue!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2019

LOL!

I'm glad you sorted it out anyway :)
    • CommentAuthorTrimusDA

I've the same issue when using the Annual Old School VC, do default corridor and room. Was working before the install of the latest updates.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Hello, Trimus :)

What style do you have showing in the dropdown box at the top of the dialog that appears when you click the crossed hammer and pencil tool on the left?
    • CommentAuthorTrimusDA
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019

Annual Old SChool VC
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I can't seem to replicate this problem - other than that the default room and corridor tools seem to be using standard DD3 fills.

Is that what is happening to your map?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019 edited

Annual Old School VC doesn't have any room or corridor drawing tools. I am betting you have the SS4 menus loaded instead of the DD3 ones. They look very similar, but SS4 uses drawing tools for rooms and corridors, while DD3 comes with more powerful specialized commands for this. So, if the DD3 menus are loaded, these two buttons will access the DD3 room/corridor commands (which works with the old school style), but if you have the SS4 menu loaded, they look for drawing tools instead (which doesn't exist in this style).
    Given the simple look of this style, I don't think use of the room/corridor tools are intended at all though, they don't really provide any benefit with this wall-less style.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Yes, that would explain why I got the DD3 fills :)
    • CommentAuthorTrimusDA
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2019

Well don't I feel like a dingus! Thanks for the simple fix, things are rocking and rolling again! Thanks Monsen.