Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Shadowynne was just an infant, no more than a week or two old, when the Orcs attacked the Elven city of Du Lothglen. They left nothing standing, and no one alive, or so they thought. It is possible a few managed to flee before the slaughter, but no one knows if this is true.

A travelling menagerie/circus was riding though Melonia Forest, and heard the screams. By the time they made it to Du Lothglen, however, the only thing left was burning husks of buildings among the great trees, and the dead everywhere. Yet one couple in the menagerie heard the faint cries of terror in the distance, and upon searching out the sound, found a single orc preparing to slit the throat of an infant child, and it's mother. Without thought or hesitation, the couple pulled out their throwing axes, and cut the lone orc down.

This couple ran to give aid to the woman and her child, only to find the mother had died protecting her infant child. The father was also found dead, nearby, his bow in hand, in an attempt to protect his family. The couple scooped up the child, and the only possessions they could find, the father's bow, and a necklace and bracelet on the mother, all engraved with the same leaf and floral pattern, the name L'arennai entwined within it. Obviously it was a crest of some sort, and the only clue to the child's heritage.

105 years later, and the thriving city of Du' Loth'glen lives on, only in the memories of the now adult elf child, named Shadowynne by her adopted, human parents. But the memories of an elf never fade, and Shadowynne has vowed to return to Melonia forest one day, and to restore the beauty of Du' Loth'glen, her elven home.
      Du Loth Glen (Melonia Forest)2.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2019

I adore this style of doing cities - and i really must try it. You and Tonnichiwa are inspiring
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

LOL! I'm sorry - I'm really tired. I'm afraid the writing kind of glides past my eyes without registering as words, but the map is beautiful :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Yes, that text is tough to read. Map is beautiful, however.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Perhaps change the colour, not the font, or give it a stronger outer glow
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2019

Lovely map! I agree, though, that font is a but tough to see
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Love this. It is such a good way to show a city in the forest, great design for an elven city. I really need to steal these ideas for some elven cities of my own
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I know the text is hard to see/read. I do need to change the color, I'm still working on that... haven't found one that works well with this map. Althrough… it's supposed to be a TAD difficult... it's written in Elvish, after all! I went searching and found an elvish font, specifically for this map.
    Perhaps this works a little better...
      Du Loth Glen (Melonia Forest)22.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Yes, that's much better. Thanks :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2019

I would probably increase the line spacing between Du'Loth'glen and Melonia Forest a little. You can do so in the Text properties, with the "Spacing%" value.

It's a really beautiful map!
    thanks Ralf!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2019

Excellent map !